Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Life of a Spy Chapter Four

-Sorry about his being late, I have been working pretty much nonstop for the past few days.-

"Mr. Cairo." Mr. Washington said in his usual no-introduction fashion as I walked in the room, "We have knowledge of a meeting of contraband. The blueprints of highly classified operations regarding are Capital that in the wrong hands could cause damage to the structure."
Mr. Washington was siting in the staff room, or more like his personal office. There wasn't much too it, the boss was not too keen on useless things like decorations. It was only a long metal table with simple chairs all along it that took up the middle of the room with Mr. Washington sitting at the head of the table with a stack of papers in front of him.
He pulled down his glasses and set them down on his desk before continuing to speak.
"You're training record has me convinced that you are more than qualified to take on this team mission." He said, "You will be working in a three agent group with another rookie such as yourself and Mr. Berlin, a colleague of mine who has been in S.O.D.I.A. as long as I have. Mr. Berlin is located in Conference Room 92 where you and the other rookie will be given all details by Berlin. Dismissed."
The whole conversation lasted for less than three minutes and I was already on my way to meet my crew leader Mr. Berlin.
As I made the walk down the paths and down the elevators, I reflected on the meeting with the head of this branch of the organization and thought about how quick and clear it all was. I had gone in, no introduction, was told the basic description of the mission, then left.
Quick and precise, a rule of the organization.
Before long I was at the door of the Conference Room and holding the knob in my hand.
"Mr. Cairo." The man inside said with his back turned toward me as I entered, "Ready for the mission status?"
"Yes sir, I am." I replied.
This conference room was much smaller than Washington's, with no long desk, but a few small desks and a projector. It reminded me of a classroom.
"All we have to do now is wait for Lady Madrid to join us and we can get started. Oh, by the way, I am Mr. Berlin." He turned around and saw the face of my mentor for the last ten years, the man who essentially took me out of my old life and put me in S.O.D.I.A.
"Mr. Berlin." A voice entered from the door, a young woman walked in with a purposeful stride and a sharp look in her eyes. Her long red hair pulled in a ponytail that dropped down to her shoulders. "Lady Madrid, ready for instructions."
"As poise as always eh, Madrid?" Mr. Berlin commented, "This is your colleague Mr. Cairo, the new recruit that I had just finished training only a few days ago."
She turned her eyes to me and I saw her eyebrow raise in a question, disbelief evident in her face.
"Just out of training? Why so soon?" She asked, keeping her eyes on me. I felt the sweep of each eye as it moved over my body, as if all my weaknesses were being appraised in that one look.
I knew that this was going to be an interesting mission, and it was only my first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment